Saturday, February 9, 2008

What Not To Wear - tv

So, historically, I've not been much of a television watcher...but it's just so affordable now, and I couldn't resist getting cable tv when I got my phone and internet, so for the first time in my adult life, I have cable.

And folks, I am addicted to TLC's "What Not To Wear." You might have known this would happen since I was ridiculous about watching it whenever I could in The Time Before Cable, but now if it's on, then it's on in my house.

Seriously, I love Stacy and Clinton. I secretly (until now) would love for them to come and rescue me. I want to look hot all the time! This might be more important to me now than say...investing for my future or taking vitamins every day. I know it is, actually.

The thing that is most wonderful for me about this show is how cute it makes me feel...I sit here all vindicated thinking "Uh, yeah! Don't cover your crotch with your shirt, duh!" and "Of COURSE a pointed toe with a heal makes your legs look longer, lamer!" Ahh, I love validation.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At February 10, 2008 at 7:12 PM , Blogger Kelly Byrom said...

im reading this now as a person who is completely addicted to tv. im not ashamed at all, im totally at peace with it. i am however bummed. why..because our cable is out! no cnn, no on-demand, no The Wire! which is the big problem. now we have to sit and wait until tuesday.. to top i off almost all of our dvds are packed up to make the dvd look more spacious. i could be rewatching the west wing,but oh well. at least we will have it back for the primaries...anyway i totally understand the addiction, i love getting into one show, especially if there is a marathon...those are the best.

 
At February 21, 2008 at 10:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got addicted to What Not To Wear on TLC, well really lots of TLC shows, when I was living in Florida. In transition to TX, I discovered on the Bravo channel an even better, more spiritual and more validating show than WNTW -- Tim Gunn's Guide To Style. (You may know Tim Gunn from "Project Runway," which is another show that often has marathons to enjoy...) Anyway if you like Stacy and Clinton you should at least check out Tim and Veronica (I'm not really vouching for Veronica, though, she's kind of annoying).

p.s. sorry about your cable going out, Kelly! by now it is probably back on, just in time to catch up on LOST! Yay, Sayid!

 
At February 21, 2008 at 10:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I also forgot to mention, last weekend my sister, her bff and I spent, um, around 3 hours holed up watching a Jon & Kate Plus 8 marathon...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home