Friday, August 22, 2008

Cabbage

I think cabbage is really delicious. It doesn't get the love it deserves because it's cheap and stinky, but really, it's delicious.

Right now, I'm having cabbage masala from the Himalayan buffet down the mall, and it's fabulous. Really, really hot! Possibly the hottest thing I've ever had there, and so so yummy.

PawPaw made the best damn cole slaw ever, mostly because he sliced his cabbage so thin. Also, it wasn't sweet slaw, and he didn't put too much mayo in it. The secret? (This is really Grandmama's recipe, let's be fair.) Lots and lots of pepper. So the theme for extra delicious cabbage seems to be spice.

I've also had good southern cabbage with lots of butter, cabbage rolled around pork for delicious Thai yumminess, and cabbage and sausage casserole that warmed me right up. So, it's versatile too, see?

Next time, we'll talk about chicken.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At August 23, 2008 at 3:34 PM , Blogger jenniferpants said...

Yum! Cabbage is delicious! I want that recipe for cabbage and sausage casserole. That sounds so tasty!

In other news, I MISS YOU! LOTS!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home