Saturday, September 20, 2008

There's just something about blogs...

You guys, how did we get around before these things? They're wonderful. I have a love/hate relationship with the internet (who doesn't that works in an office, or like me, for a software company?), and so, with blogs, but really...it's just a great thing to have. So you prefer to be awake and communicating at 4am, fine! I'll catch up with you at 10:15 on a Saturday night...can you imagine how rarely we'd talk if you didn't blog? It would be like...well, like some of my relationships with people who don't blog. We talk like twice a year...maybe five times.

And why do you think it is that I am so telephone averse? I find them horribly inconvenient and annoying. Remember when we were 13 and LIKED to talk on the phone? Even though we spent ALL DAY together? What was that about? I don't even like to hear one ring now.

Maybe I just like blogs because I like to type. But I also like the voyeur aspect of it too...like I can see what's going on with you even if I'm in my pj's in a superfoul mood. I like that. It's low-commitment, and we all know how much I like making promises.

I'm just really happy about my blog, and yours too, if you have one.

Oh oh oh, unrelated. I bought a new perfume tonight, and I'm not completely settled on it. It's Elizabeth Arden, Mediterranean. Anybody have feelings? I might take it back. Brother's girlfriend just came in and smelled it - she likes it.

Have a good weekend.

3 Comments:

At September 22, 2008 at 8:01 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

I love reading your blog! I love blogs all day long!

You sent me an awesome email and I haven't had the decency to respond in a timely manner. Bad Jennifer.

I love you lots.

 
At September 26, 2008 at 7:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you and I must have used up all of our lifetime phone tolerance before the age of 15. Most of the time, I just let mine ring... Big difference from hiding in my closet with the phone to talk all night without my parents hearing me!

 
At October 10, 2008 at 10:37 AM , Blogger Joel said...

A blog haiku:

Joy is wild for blogs
Non-committal in PJs
Reading through the night

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home